We are seeking a full-time Interior Architecture Designer with 10+ years of residential design experience who is an imaginative, resourceful, accurate and client-focused professional. This is an integral position that leads the Interior Architecture department, guiding design ideation/execution for the firm. Our studio specializes in traditional and contemporary single-family custom home design with a focus on advocating for and integrating sustainable systems in all projects.
Key responsibilities & characteristics include:
- Design: Source and select interior architecture elements for each of the firm’s projects, which includes but is not limited to cabinetry and millwork design, appliances, faucets, fixtures, tile, stone and lighting.
- Artistry: Ability to create detailed drawings, renderings and elevations (digital and hand-drawn).
- Attention to Detail: Creating and updating accurate schedules, including specs.
- Client Communication: Interfacing with clients in person and via phone/email; presenting schemes and schedules to clients; revising selections per client requests.
- Collaborator Network: Ideally, the candidate will possess a rich network of home design suppliers and interior decorators. This role requires constant collaboration/communication with these partners.
- Architectural & Construction Competency: Understanding of building materials and construction methods; and understanding of architectural history to contribute to traditional-based designs.
- Leadership & Teamwork: As a senior member of the studio’s 20+ person team, this role directly oversees a Design Associate and also closely collaborates with the firm’s Project Managers, Principal Architect and Director of Operations.
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture degree or Interior Design degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of luxury single family residential design experience required
- Organizational strengths and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Innovative and passionate perspective to contribute to the firm’s unique and respected position in the industry
- Skilled in CAD, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Revit, Enscape and Photoshop skills are a plus
Working at our studio:
- Salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401K
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid parking
- Amazing colleagues
We are committed to growing, engaging, and supporting our team, and provide numerous opportunities throughout the year for employees to continue their education; attend educational and industry events; design and conduct relevant group outings; contribute to our blog; give and receive professional feedback; and celebrate career achievements. To promote a healthy work-life balance (and a healthy life, in general), we also offer flexible hours.
Please email the following items to our Director of Operations, David Stone, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter addressed to David Stone, AIA that explains why you’re a great fit for this role and Tim Barber Architects
- Your resume