Job Title: Design Associate
Required: Bachelor’s in Architecture. & 24 months experience in architectural design. In lieu primary requirements, employer will accept a Masters in Architecture. Special Req’ments: special requirements: must have 1.) LEED AP BD+C Certification, 2.) demonstrated proficient knowledge of using REVIT for traditional and historical residential architecture; and 3.) demonstrated proficient knowledge of: AutoCAD, REVIT, Rhinoceros, 3DS Max, Grasshopper, Sketchup, V-Ray, and Adobe Suites: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Employer will accept special requirements gained through employment experience and/or academic coursework. An architects license is not required. all work will be supervised by a licensed architect.
Duties: The Design Associate will perform the following duties:
Architectural Project Design (70% of the time)
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs using computer-aided design, such as Revit, or other tools;
- Provide three-dimensional (3D) visualization for architectural and interior projects, using Revit, V-Ray, 3DS Max, Grasshopper, Adobe Suites, and Sketch UP or other design software to create and develop design models and produce graphics;
- Apply Revit to compile civil or survey drawings to create a comprehensive site plan for context analysis, 3D modeling, or report graphics as it relates to traditional and historical architecture;
- Model, render, and montage rendered images into project site photos with people and context;
- Plan or design structures, including residences such as custom and multi-family homes structures;
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary;
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans;
- Collect information regarding design, sustainability and environmentally friendly using LEED principles in building design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time;
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs and layout and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (Revit) equipment and software;
Project Management and Client Advisement (20% of the time)
- Meet with clients to determine objectives and requirements for building and housing structures;
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentations for clients, meet clients to review or discuss architectural drawings;
Other (10% of the time)
- Perform ad hoc research projects assigned by management and address other company concerns, including but not limited to (LEED) energy-efficient building materials methods and architecture styles;
- Remain abreast with building codes, fire regulations, zoning laws, and city ordinances when creating and drawing plans.
Contact: Tim Barber, Ltd. 8455 Beverly Blvd., Suite 409, Los Angeles, CA 90048. To apply interested parties contact – Attn: David Stone, Director of Operations at email@example.com.